Keep in mind, that some of these are a work in progress, but all have been tested on at least one site. I welcome pull requests to improve the functionality, although I must say that I may be hesitant to add any code that I think is bulky or not very customization.
Some of the things you can do with these snippets.
- Add a customizable, responsive modal to a page.
- I’m aware that there are tons of modal plugins out there, but many that I’ve found make customization hard. Customization is key at Voltage, so using this snippet, you can show a modal that plays a video, shows an image, shows a gallery, or even shows content. Oh, and did I mention it is responsive?
- Add a Google Map with a clickable legend.
- Add a responsive, very customizable slider.
- I’ve tried many slider plugins and the problem with most is they are designed for people who don’t know how to code. For us, custmization is key, so I started using unslider, which is very customizable, but had some bugs in different browsers. Everything we build has to be compatible back to IE8, so I use these code snippets all the time to quickly deploy an unslider while making sure it is totally responsive and compatible.
There are more snippets that I didn’t mention, but these are a few that I keep finding insanely helpful. I hope you do to. Please add comments if you’d like to see me add stuff to them.
Live Project Link: https://github.com/bbuie/code_snipits